Woohooo, welcome to ChildDiary! We prepared this guide to help you on your first steps with ChildDiary.
No investment in technology is required to get started. You can use ChildDiary from any device you own: a tablet, a computer or even a smartphone.
To get started with ChildDiary you can use the following steps:
- Create groups that represent the rooms or groups existing in your service (baby room, afternoon group ...). You can get more help on how to manage groups in the Managing Groups section.
- Add children that attend your service and if you decided to create groups assign them to the corresponding group. You can get more help on how to manage children in the Managing Children section.
- Add staff members so they are able to start sharing posts, documenting daily records or creating learning stories. You can get more help on how to manage staff members in the Managing Staff section .
- When you are ready start inviting parents to join your private ChildDiary instance so they are able to see and comment on what your service shares. You can get more help on how to manage parents in the Managing Parents and Guardians section.
Remember, as ChildDiary is private, if you don't invite parents only your staff members will have access.
If you need any help we are here for you, just send us an email to email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Some tips to get the best out of ChildDiary:
- Ensure your teachers have a work/personal email address, e.g firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the best experience, use Google Chrome as a browser:
PCs or laptops: https://www.google.ie/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html
- If using a mobile device add ChildDiary as an icon to the device screen for ease of access.
In order to continue using ChildDiary after the trial period, at any stage you can sign up for a subscription. To discover how to do it please click here.